Submit a Vet | Update a Vet | Add Comments
AshevilleBolt Lee, DVM
Sweeten Creek Animal and Bird Hospital
3131 Sweeten Creek Road
Asheville, NC 28803
Tel: (828) 684-8875
MB - Comes to our herp club meetings, many folk have gone to him with snakes and turtles and lizards. They like him. He likes the animals, you can see it in the way he handles them at the meetings. (08/13/03)
CarrboroCharles Ward, DVM
The Animal Hospital
112 West Main Street
Carrboro, NC 27510
Tel: (919) 967-9261
CharlotteRussell Breckwoldt, MS, DVM
Carolina Exotic Animal Hospital
3742 Monroe Rd.
Charlotte, NC 28205
Tel: (704) 342-9955
Fax: (704) 374-1878
Russell Breckwoldt, DVM graduated from the University of Massachusetts in 1985 with a B.S. in Wildlife Biology and from the University of Georgia in 1987 with a M.S. in Parasitology and DVM from the University of Georgia in 1991. Dr. Breckwoldt is married to Dr. Marjorie Widay and has one son, Alexander. Their home is shared with an array of pets including cats, dogs, many many fish, birds, iguanas and 18 snakes.
: We recently brought our Baby Iguana, MorGan, to see Dr. Breckwoldt and he was amazing with her. He really knew what he was doing and made us, and her, feel very much at ease. I would recommend him to anyone. (07/11/01)
Matthew Wheelock, DVM
Personally owns: Ambanja blue-barred chameleon; 2 Crested Geckos (Dalmations) 2 Leopard Geckos (Carrot-tails); Does most exotics.(02/04/07) Vet self-recommended
Harris Blvd Vet Clinic
5710 West Harris Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28269
Tel: (704) 596-7387
Pager: (704) 575-7354
- HVC Note: Vet information updated (03/13/07)
- - This vet is FABULOUS!! He is extremely knowledgable in exotics and treated our iguana and rhino iguana with loving care. It is very hard to find a vet who knows this much about reptiles, so you're in good hands!! (05/21/07)
- I saw Dr. Wheelock for the first time a month ago, for my sick RES with an apparent RI. Dr. Wheelock took the time in advance to give me treatment options before ever coming in for a visit. When I did come in to have the little guy seen. Dr. Wheelock spent almost an hour with me and my turtles. He saw both of them at the same time. He provided options and weighed out the values of different treatments. My turtle is now nice and healthy and back on the road to recovery. (02/07/08)
Elizabeth CityDarlene Lannon, DVM
Lannons Animal Hospital
609 Hull Drive
Elizabeth City, NC 27909
Tel: (252) 335-7708
- I am a breeder of bearded dragons and have never been dissatisfied with her treatments of my dragons. She readily admits she does not know it all and will not hesitate to contact a more learned vet in reptile medicine if she comes across something beyond her scope of knowledge. She has even come to my home to check out my setups. I have reccommended her to people as far away as Raleigh, NC and they were well pleased with the treatment of their dragons. I would not hesitate to reccommend her for any reptile or other creature in need of vets services. Her fees are reasonable and the staff knowledgeable. All in all I am truly blessed to have such a caring vet this close to me. (02/15/03)
FayettevilleCamille Sherrod, DVM
Seventy First Animal Hospital
7103 Raeford Road
Fayetteville, NC 28304
Tel: (910) 864-2844
Tel: (910) 864-2844 emergency
- I took my parrot there and inquired if they did reptile care as well. Had previously been taking my reptiles to another so called "reptile vet" in the area, but my reptiles were misdiagnosed several times. This vet, Dr. Camille Sherrod, is fairly knowledgeable and has access to teaching hospitals and universities within North Carolina. I highly recommend her. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions regarding this practice and their quality of care. (04/22/02)
HuntervilleJudith Vogt, DVM
Take Flight Avian Veterinary Hospital
106 Parr Drive
Huntersville, NC 28078
Tel: (704) 948-8917
PV - Dr Vogt has been practicing exclusively on Parrots and domesticated birds for over 15 years. Located in the Charlotte area, Dr. Vogt sees clients at Lake Cross Veterinary Hospital. (07/16/04) Affiliate recommended
JamestownJames Landing Veterinary Hospital
4849 West Wendover Ave
Jamestown, NC 27282
Tel: (336) 852-9800
An office visit is around $29.00
KannapolisMark Stehr, DVM
South Ridge Veterinary Clinic
1920 South Ridge Avenue
Kannapolis, NC 28083
Tel: (704) 933-1414
DK - Concerned, thorough, compassionate. Takes time to talk, answer questions, and explain. Was wonderful with my iguana, Ozzie. Highly recommend Dr. Stehr who specializes in birds and reptiles. Highly recommend all of the Drs. at South Ridge Veterinary Hospital, and all of the caring, friendly, competent and helpful staff members employed there. (08/26/03)
LenoirRebecca C. Horton, DVM
Caldwell Animal Hospital
2001 Hickory Blvd. SE
Lenoir, NC 28645
Tel: (828) 728-6100
Fax: (828) 728-1316
Dr.Horton treats all ranges of animals from horses,goats,cows to dogs and cats to birds,reptiles and pocket pets. She is also a certified Acupuncturist.
AW - Dr.Horton worked on our pet snake and now he is doing so much better. She saved a little boy's pet. (05/24/03)
North WilkesboroAudie R Bloise, DVM
1007 2nd Street
North Wilkesboro, NC 28659
Tel: (336) 667-1109
RaleighDan Johnson, DVM
Christine Eckermann-Ross, DVM
Stacey Leonatti, DVM
Avian and Exotic Animal Care, P.A.
8711 Fidelity Boulevard
Raleigh, NC 27617
Tel: (919) 844-9166
Fax: (919) 844-0925
In case of emergency, call above number for instructions
For a nominal fee, will make house calls; sees all herps, including venomous.
- - "Dr. Dan" has seen my iguana several times and performed her spay. He is compassionate, dedicated, keeps up with the lastest info. He sees our rescue igs and is up-front with prognosis. (02/20/01)
- HVC Note: Dr. Johnson provided listing updates. (08/14/03)
HVC Note: Dr. Leonatti provided listing updates. (12/02/07)
Last updated: 02/16/08
Do you have comments or require assistance? Please note that we are not veterinarians.
Please contact the HVC Team and one of us will respond as soon as possible.
If this is an emergency, please contact your nearest qualified veterinarian.
Return to the
HVC Main Page
Submit a Vet | Update a Vet | Add Comments
HVC Banners | Links | Awards | Credits | Guestbook
Copyright ©1999-2009 Herp Vet Connection. All Rights Reserved.
All gathered data/text, images/graphics and code, unless stated otherwise are property of Herp Vet Connection and cannot be used without written permission from the HVC Team.
Herp Vet Connection is developed and owned by Susan Julian, Joan Appell, & Desiree Wong.
Hosting courtesy of